Sunday, April 20, 2008

Week 2 is done!

Its Sunday morning and I am looking at the week ahead.. 7 more weeks.. this week flew by... It was much better than the first week.. I am getting used to the boot camp and nerves are settling and we all are getting into the the new rhythm of life.  All this week, we had many lectures... including out Physicology has started.  Monday we take a big test.  The yoga classes are going well.. I finally have moved myself in the front rows... big accomplishment ( it is much hotter and direct view of the instructor) I am doing just fine .  The body aches everywhere and as I have been told its the norm and get used to it.  So taking it as part of the package.... The classes are getting harder and harder as they turn up the HEAT!!! SWEAT factor is unreal!

The dialogue heat is on full.. we are all studying so we can stay a step ahead.  It might be unbelievable to you guys.. but we barely have anytime... sleep is a rare commodity... so i thought I might give you a run down of my daily life.. which can change without notice!

8:00  - 10 am Yoga
10:00 - Noon  Shower, wash yoga outfit, lunch
12:15 - 4Pm  Lecture
5:00 - 7PM Yoga
7Pm - 8:30  Shower, wash yoga outfit, dinner
8:30 - Posture Clinic    whenever ,, never before 10:30.. we have gone until midnight

Sunday is rest day! 

As you can see, it is gruesome!  Its good in a way we don't have much time to think of all the physical and mental aliment we are facing... but by the end of the week I am exhausted and homesick.  I miss the kids on the weekends the most.. I have been trying to squeeze in a call before dinner, so I can hear their voice.  Things at home seems to be fine and they are all being really brave and positive for me.  

There are many things here that don't sit well with me.  I know I  have to filter them, and I do.  Because they are not really about true yoga.. everything that I am learning about yoga.. I am loving it!  That really gives me confidence and I know I am doing the right thing!

I am so ever thankful for this amazing opportunity and I know its really unleashing strength in me that I didn't know I had... So that is beautiful and scary at the same time.  It amazes me how God has created us in his image!

I have made some really good friends and we study together and always treat ourselves to a nice dinner on Saturday and we bitch about our life at the yoga boot camp and laugh a LOT!!! Which really helps... I am meeting people from all over the world... There are 30 countries represented here... its nice to get to know them and hear all sorts of languages being spoken.

A trip to Walmart for groceries is a staple on Saturday morning  to stock up for the week.  Sunday is a chill  and study day... so I am off for a walk on the beach and then get to study.
Thanks so much for all your kind thoughts for my Grandmother... I know she is in peace.

Have a lovely week!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My dear Sheku,
Just caught up on your amazing couple of weeks. I can only imagine how much you are finding out about yourself and the unbelievable strength you have inside of you. You are such an inspiration to me and I can't wait to hear all about your journey when you get home. I am so sorry about your grandmother, I know how much she meant to you and your family. Stay strong sister!

Luv ya, tsa

shinewoman said...

Sheku,
I am so proud of you! I wasn't suprised that you were "strong" for the woman that was so sick. Lord knows you have been strong for me many times before! I am so sorry to hear that your grandmother passed. I know you were you close...
I took a class with Jameila last night and got a good "ear sweat" going myself. Do you think Birkam would be okay with you sticking Q-tips in your ears to prevent this? Just tell him it is helping you to focus on locking your knees...:)Love to you SS!!!!CBS

Emily Cook said...

I can only imagine how restful your walks on the beach are after the hectic days of your training. We had a beautiful sunset here yesterday - rich hues of magenta and orange - and I thought, "I bet Sheku's seeing sunsets like this every night in Mexico!" At least I hope you are. At least on your weekends. Spring has "sprung" here and the gnats are horrific - so you should come back right after they've subsided! Don't you LOVE that Mexico has no gnats??

XOXO E